September 6, 2012

Spending Time With Family

We had a few days to just hang out with our family with not much to do. The first day, while Tom and Toni were at work we went with Lindsay to look at the Redlands Temple. We actually didn't even get out of the car because it was just too hot. Last time we went to this temple was right before we got married for one of Adam's friend's wedding. I had to wait outside for him during the sealing. I'm glad we got to go back and see it again.
Then we headed off to the mall to get some lunch and for me to get an eye exam. I had accidentally ripped my contact in half that morning. Luckily I had my glasses I could wear for a bit. I usually always bring spare contacts on trips but I forgot this time and of course I actually needed to use them this time. And to make matters worse my prescription was expired so I actually had to get a new exam instead of just buying some contacts. We got lunch at Chipotle and Adam and Lindsay walked around the mall while I had my exam. As we were leaving the mall I realized they never asked me to pay anything for the exam. So I'm just waiting for them to call me if they want their money:) At least I got a trial pair of contacts I could wear the rest of the trip since I still had a bunch of contacts at home.
We spent the evening hanging out at Toni's daughter, Jamie's house and getting to know her family better.

The next day Tom and Toni had to work again so we went with Lindsay to first stop by the Newport Beach Temple. I had never been to this temple and it was amazing. It may be my new favorite. It is a gorgeous color and the palm trees and surrounding scenery is just amazing.
The we headed to Huntington Beach where we paid WAY too much for parking. We are still upset about that. Brooklyn didn't have as much fun this time at the beach. She was pretty tired and just cried pretty much the whole time. She was so mad that her hands and feet were covered in sand. But she still looked pretty darn cute in her little swim suit.
Adam and Lindsay braved the cold water and went swimming.
Brooklyn with her Aunt Lindsay. She was so done taking pictures and just wanted to go home and sleep.
On the way home we stopped at Sprinkles Cupcakes and got a little treat. We got the red velvet and the s'mores. They were both delicious. Red Velvet was our favorite. We also made a stop to see the West Coast Customs shop. They had some pretty awesome cars out front.
Brooklyn got pretty spoiled by her grandparents. Toni went right out the first night we were there and bought Brooklyn a bunch of toys to play with and take home with her. She also had a lot of snacks for Brooklyn. The Capri Suns were her favorite.
Brooklyn loved having a new house to explore. And later that night we went to a movie with Ben and Lindsay while Toni and Tom watched Brooklyn.
Friday, we just pretty much hung out all day and got a few things ready for Tom's party the next day. Brooklyn loved sitting on the stool and eating breakfast with her daddy.
Lindsay and I made some friendship bbracelets (mine is still not done). While we were making them we looked over and Brooklyn had fallen asleep in the middle of the room. She must have been a tired girl!
We went to Green Onion for lunch which is a Moreno Valley tradition. Then we came home and took a long afternoon nap.
That night we went and had dinner with some of our old friends. We went over to Doug and Marla's house and Cameron and Vivian and there little baby who is only a few weeks older than Brooklyn also came over. Marla made a delicious dinner and we had so much fun chatting with all of them. And it was their first time meeting Brooklyn!
Brooklyn loved having a new friend to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment