I had my very first Mother's Day this year. I was so excited for this day because what better thing is there to celebrate than being my precious little baby's mother. Adam woke up early and made be breakfast and then just before we left for church he showed me my present. He had spent so much time making a slideshow for me of pictures of me and Brooklyn. He found songs about mothers and daughters and it was the most beautiful thing. I can't believe he made such a thoughtful gift. This was truly one of the best present I have ever received. I was bawling through the whole thing.
We took a few pictures of me and Brooklyn and you can tell I had been crying. But the were good, happy, grateful tears so it's ok!
We had a great sacrament meeting all about mothers and I got a cute little bag of chocolates from my ward.
After church we all went over to my mom's house
for dinner. The boys even helped prepare everything so us moms didn't have to do everything. My mom made the most amazing loaf of bread. Not only did it taste fabulous but it looks so beautiful!
We had a delicious meal of Alfredo pasta with chicken, salad and yummy sparkling ciders.
I am just so grateful everyday that I get to be a mom to little Brooklyn. She makes me so happy! I don't think I could have ever imagined just how great it is to be a mom.
I have so many amazing examples around me of how to be a fabulous mom, especially my own mom. It amazes me just how much she does for me and my little family every day and she is always so willing to help us with anything. She truly lives her life to help others and she often puts her own needs on the back burner. I have a lot still to learn about being a mom but I hope to someday be half as good as my own mom.
Adam also surprised my with my favorite little Lindt truffles. He know what I love! And my mom is so cute and got me a little bag of See's Candy suckers. So sweet!
We all took a little walk around the block after dinner. Casper is getting so old and he can barely walk anymore so he got to ride in the wagon with Brooklyn.
I gave my mom the move "The Vow" so we all came home and watched it together.
I was a pretty fabulous day spending time with people that I love and celebrating moms!
Happy Mother's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment