June 27, 2012

Father's Day

We had a pretty fabulous Father's Day this year because it was Adam's first official Father's Day as a dad. I wanted to make it special for him. We went to our 9 o'clock church (sucks!) and after I made him a delicious brunch of french toast and berries. I would have made him breakfast before church but Adam doesn't really like big breakfasts that early in the day. It actually worked out great because then I didn't have to wake up earlier:) And I surprised him with some Polo cologne that he had been eyeing.
And then we all (including Brookie) indulged in a long 3 hour nap. It was bliss!!
Then we all headed over to Katie and Danny's new house that they had just moved into the day before and had a delicious BBQ. I brought tons of yummy fruit and we spent all evening outside. I love summer nights!!


I had to grab some cute pics of Dax and Dallas because they were looking so cute!!
Brookie had a cute little dress on but she could barely crawl in it and she got so dirty outside that I took it off of her. So she looks like white trash with her little wife beater on. Oh and she likes to strangle Dallas!
Danny's brother brought over their little puppy and Brooklyn loved it. She followed it around all night. I hope she's not getting any ideas for the future because we will not have a dog.
Adam took Brooklyn down the little slide and she loved it for a little bit but then she was done and started bawling. Maybe when she's older she'll like it better.
Father's day was pretty dang good and I hope Adam enjoyed himself. I wish I could truly express what a fantastic dad Adam is. He is involved in every aspect of Brooklyn's life and you can tell that she just adores him. I remember when I was pregnant Adam was scared to be alone with a baby but since the day she was born he just knew how to take care of her and what she needs. He is seriously a pro at being a dad and I love that Brooklyn gets a day alone with her dad each week when he watches her while I'm at work.
These two just melt my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment