July 10, 2012

Fish Lake

At the very end of June we spent a weekend up in Fish Lake with my family. We all got there Friday night and left Sunday afternoon. We all rented cabins to sleep in and they were pretty cheap and the most run down cabins I have ever seen. They seriously looked like they could have been in a movie where someone gets trapped in the middle of nowhere and finds an abandoned house. ha! The ceiling looked like they were about to cave in. I don't think the carpets or hardwood floor had ever been cleaned. But it was a lot better than sleeping in a tent, in my opinion. Here are a few pictures of the cabins.
I guess the window broke or something so they used a birthday napkin to seal it up.
We all rented a big pontoon boat for a full day on Saturday and a half day on Sunday. So we spent a lot of time on the lake. We got out on the lake at about 7 each morning since that is when the fishing is the best. I bought Brookie a life jacket to use since the place we rented the boat from didn't have infant life jackets but the one I bought ended up being too small. Luckily the place did have an infant life jacket that was a little bigger and fit Brookie. The life jacket was still pretty annoying though and Brookie was irritated with it the whole time. It was so funny to watch her try and crawl in it.
We caught quite a bit of small little fish that we threw back and a handful of bigger fish that we kept. I swear every time I let someone use my pole they started catching fish like crazy. I guess I'm not the best fisherman.
There was one time we stumbled upon a huge school of fish and everyone caught one at the same time.
Dax was always so excited when he would catch a fish.
We all got a little sunburned and ate tons of yummy food. Luckily the babies did pretty good on the boat. Brookie did throw a water bottle over the edge of the boat once but we were able to get it. It was a fun weekend that I think may become an annual tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment