July 10, 2012

4th of July

Isn't the 4th of July one of the best holiday's??!! And it was even better this year because I got Brooklyn all dressed up cute for the occasion. Last year I had a little tiny outfit for her to wear on the 4th just in case she came early. And she could even wear it on the 24th of July if she came closer to her due date. Well since she was 8 days late she didn't get to wear it for either occasion. Well this year she was all decked out. I actually forgot to go shopping for an outfit so we are glad that Aunt Liz bought her this cute little skirt and luckily she already had a red tank top. She looked pretty darn cute! (Don't mind the green nail polish. I forgot to change it.)
We went up to my parent's house in the morning so Brookie could be in their ward parade and we could eat breakfast with the ward. Well my mom got the date wrong and the party isn't for a few more weeks so we will have to wait for that. Since we were already up there we rounded everyone up to go to IHOP. We went with my mom and dad, Grandma and Grandpa Egbert and Liz. We ended up just going home after that since Brookie wasn't feeling so good. She is teething and she also got a little cold. So we just lounged and took naps all day.

In the evening my parents, Katie, Danny and Liz all came over to our house for a BBQ. Lots of yummy summer food!
Brookie LOVES watermelon. She could eat it all day long. I usually take all her clothes of when she eats it because it is so messy.
These two are too cute for words. They were just sitting on the steps eating together.
Brookie will never look at the camera anymore. Drives me nuts!!
And I made this layered cake from the Lion House cookbook. I have never made a cake from scratch so I was a little worried but it turned out great! And it looked super pretty and patriotic. Go me!!
Having some fun with the sparklers.
We did a bunch of fireworks in our front yard after dinner. Brookie hated them so bad. She liked looking at them but if they made any noise she started screaming at the top of her lungs. Poor girl!
Lehi City sets of fireworks right in front of our house so all of the neighbors pack on the lawns and watch them every year. It is so fun! Also Sarah, Branden, Addie and Maysie and some of their family also stopped by to watch the fireworks at our house.
During the big firework show I had to keep shoving food in Brookie's mouth or she would scream. Finally Grandpa took her and got her to fall asleep with his hands covering her ears.
It was a fabulous Independence Day and it's always nice to have a day off work mid-week!
Happy Birthday America!!
p.s. How truly blessed are we to live in such an amazing country?!? I hope we never take this for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment