March 16, 2012

Project: Basement Finish (Part 2)

Our basement is coming along just fantastic. We got the framing, electrical, insulation and dry wall all done this week. It really is starting to look like a real room now. We are getting pretty excited! I have so many ideas in my head of things I want to do down there. We went and looked at couches the other night and I think we picked out the perfect sectional.

Here are some pictures of the framing and dry wall.
I wanted to make a little time capsule to put in the wall of the basement but I kind of forgot about it until last night after the walls had already been dry walled. So we got a picture of our little family and wrote a note on the back. We shoved it in the wall through the gap in the window where the window sills will go. I hope someone finds it some day:)

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! I bet you guys are excited for it to be done! That is SUCH a cute idea to to a time capsule! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are SO excited. We want to do a movie night in the basement with friends once it's done. You guys should come!!

      Delete
  2. I love the time capsule idea. I'm totally doing that when we finish ours!

    ReplyDelete