We are super excited over here because today the contractors are beginning work on our basement. I am so happy to finally have a finished basement. Ever since we moved into our house almost 3 years ago the basement has just become a huge storage room and many other people have stored their stuff down there and we accumulated lots of random things. I always hated going down there because it stressed me out how messy it was.
Last night Adam and I cleaned out the whole thing, gave back all the stuff that wasn't ours and we now have our cold storage room neatly organized and our basement is ready to get working on. (p.s. my cold storage looks awesome now with big metal shelves and all our food storage lined up perfectly on each shelf. I'll have to post a picture soon)
Here is a little mock layout of what the basement will look like. It's going to be our theater room/office/toy room. I'm pretty sure we will have to push the couches all the way back against the wall, we will see what kind of room we have when it is finished.
Our 3rd bedroom upstairs has been used as an office since we moved in but we are going to move our desk down in the corner. This will free up a room upstairs to have another baby:) Although that probably won't happen any time soon:(
We will also have a closet where we can put all of Brookie's toys and she can come downstairs when she is older and play so we don't have to clutter our upstairs with toys. It's going to be awesome and I am so excited!!
Here is the color scheme I am going with for the basement. The walls will be gray with white trim and then the decor will be aqua, deep purple and white with a little bit of gray. I think it is going to look fabulous!




No comments:
Post a Comment