Rita Lucille Winter
May 11, 1924 - October 15, 2011
My sweet Grandma Winter passed away on October 15th. She had been in a lot of pain for the last few years so we are all so glad she is not suffering anymore. She passed away early Saturday morning and Adam and I went up to be with Grandma and see her before her body was taken away. It was a sad experience being with Grandpa as we cried and cried and then remembering stories about her and all laughing together. I am so glad she was able to see Brooklyn a few times before she passed. She was always so excited when I was pregnant for her to be born and when she met her for the first time she just held her and stared at her forever.
May 11, 1924 - October 15, 2011
My sweet Grandma Winter passed away on October 15th. She had been in a lot of pain for the last few years so we are all so glad she is not suffering anymore. She passed away early Saturday morning and Adam and I went up to be with Grandma and see her before her body was taken away. It was a sad experience being with Grandpa as we cried and cried and then remembering stories about her and all laughing together. I am so glad she was able to see Brooklyn a few times before she passed. She was always so excited when I was pregnant for her to be born and when she met her for the first time she just held her and stared at her forever.
We had the funeral the following Saturday, October 22nd in order for the rest of the family to have time to arrange travel up to Utah. The funeral was fantastic and truly a celebration of her life. Grandma LOVED sunflowers and the color yellow so her coffin was bright yellow and there were sunflowers everywhere. She would have loved it. It was also good to see so many family members that we don't get to see very often. Brooklyn was a hit with everyone. I don't think I held her much that weekend.:)
The Relief Society in my grandparent's old ward were so sweet to help put together a luncheon after the funeral with lots of yummy soups and salad. Grandma would have loved to be there for the party. I will never forget how much she loved parties. If there wasn't an occasion to have a party she would just make one up in order to get the family together.
We will miss our Grandma very much.

No comments:
Post a Comment