Easter was so much fun this year. I think holidays are more and more fun the older Brooklyn gets. I love planning everything for the holiday and making sure Brooklyn has great memories of that day. The night before Easter Brooklyn "wrote" a little letter to the Easter bunny and left him some carrots. She was so excited for him to come.
We got Brooklyn lots of stuff in her Easter basket and left a trail of eggs from her bed out to the family room where her basket was. We got her the most darling wooden school bus because she is obsessed with the song, "the wheels on the bus." We also got her a little candy and a few summer outfits since she only has winter clothes. She loved everything we got her.
This picture is so funny to me because it looks like Brooklyn is still half asleep and has some nice bed head.
Brooklyn was so excited to see that the Easter bunny came and left her a note and ate some of the carrots. Then we went out back (on our new grass!) and had a little egg hunt for Brooklyn. She was so funny running around to each egg and was all smiles each time she found one.
We are still trying to eat really healthy so for breakfast we had banana "pancakes" topped with fruit. So delicious!
Easter dinner we spent with my family at the Robin's house. My contribution to the dinner was a carrot cake. It was fun to make and turned out so cute and delicious. I was so proud of it. I couldn't stop talking about it all night. ha!
We tried to take a few family pictures out in our backyard but it was a little windy so we went inside and got some cute ones.
To end the night we watched this video and I loved it. I think it really made me think about what Easter is all about. Because of Christ I have everything.
Happy Easter!
Love, The Youngs
No comments:
Post a Comment