My birthday was pretty fantastic this year. It started with balloons and Smart Cookies at work. Next I had a yummy lunch with Adam at Costa Vida and then I took the afternoon off work and went to a movie all by myself. There was actually not one other person in the theater. It was a little scary at times since I saw the new Hunger Games movie. But I think that was the best present I could have given myself. I may make it a yearly tradition.
I decided I wanted to go to St. George for the weekend as one of my birthday presents, stay in a hotel, shop and eat yummy food. Which is exactly what we did. We left late Friday night and came home Sunday afternoon. We wanted to head south to get a little warmth but just our luck that St. George got a recording breaking snow the weekend we were there. Ugh!
We hit up Swig for some drinks and cookies and they were to die for. We have a copycat place right by our house but the original is so much better!
We stopped by the St. George temple and all of the Christmas light made the temple so gorgeous!
For dinner one night we went to Ichiban. It is our St. George tradition. It is a Asian buffet and they have the best sushi bar. It was so delicious. Then we went bowling. Brookie was sad that she was too little to bowl and this place.
We stopped by the St. George temple on the way out of town because I had to see it all covered in snow in the daylight. It was so stunning.
Something about the red rock really does my soul good. And the red rock with white snow was gorgeous!
Brookie got a new little pillow for the car so she can be comfortable when she sleeps in her car seat and she loved it.
It was such a fun birthday. I think 27 is going to be my best year yet!

No comments:
Post a Comment