December 3, 2013

Brooklyn Update

I want to do a little update on Brooklyn because I feel like she learns so much each day and I think 2 years old may be my favorite age. She is our little sidekick and we have conversations with her and she understands everything that we say and do.

-She is getting so good at talking. She will have full on conversations with us with long sentences. Some more difficult words she struggles with saying (granola bar is "bangonk" ha!). I can tell she tries so hard to pronounce them but it just doesn't come out right. But even the difficult words she is getting better at saying everyday.
-She has a huge attitude. She knows exactly what she wants and knows how to get it. She is so stubborn at times.
-She is also the sweetest little girl. She often just comes up to me and gives me a hug and says, "I love my mommy!"
-She used to call us mamma and dadda and lately she has been calling us mommy and daddy or my mommy and my daddy.
-She is such a good eater. She will eat anything I give her. She especially has a sweet tooth.
-Just lately will she actually sit and watch tv for more than a minute. Her favorite is Mickey Mouse and it's nice to keep her occupied while I get stuff done around the house.
-She is still obsessed with Minnie and Mickey. I just want to buy her anything with them on it.
-Will not sleep in her bed. She has to sleep on the floor in our room.
-Whenever someone is leaving she always asks them "will you be back." It's pretty adorable.
-Loves calling her cousins on the phone. She is always asking me to call and talk to someone.
-She has the best sense of humor and things the smallest things are funny. She especially loves playing horse and airplane.
-Loves to sit and color.
-Loves to sort things. I often will find her crayons sorted in piles with the big, thick ones in one pile and the small, thin ones in another.
-Learning her colors. For awhile she only knew pink and she called everything pink. Now she really knows what pink is, blue, orange and purple. And she is learning the other ones.
-Wants to help me with everything. Dishes, putting on my make up, cleaning, making dinner. Every time I vacuum she has to go get her play vacuum and help me.
-Loves to go shopping. (She used to call it "shawbock" but she now can say it correctly.) She asks at least ten times a day if she can go shopping.
-Loves all of her cousins. Talks about them all day long. (I don't think she hardly ever stops talking)
-Usually takes one short nap a day although lately she sometimes doesn't even take a nap at all.
-Calls herself Brooke and gets mad if you call her anything else. She will say, "No, I'm Brooke!"

I seriously miss her every second I am not with her. She is so much fun right now. I am so grateful I get to be her mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment