November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving this year. We started off the festivities the Sunday before with Adam's family. We had everyone over for a mini Thanksgiving meal since we knew we would be with them on Thanksgiving. Adam and I cooked our very first turkey and we thought it turned out pretty darn good. We were so proud of ourselves! We also made rolls and apple pie for dessert. Sarah brought mashed potatoes and gravy and Lindsay brought stuffing and a green bean casserole. It was all so yummy and it really got me excited for the official Thanksgiving feast later that week.
Thanksgiving day was so much fun. We slept in all morning and then got our traditional McDonald's for breakfast. Later that day we went with my family to Aunt Martha's house for our Thanksgiving feast. And we were so happy that Ben and Lindsay came with us. My contribution to the meal was a green bean casserole. Everything was so delicious I just couldn't stop eating. We all enjoying relaxing after the big meal, looking at the Black Friday ads and Adam and Brooklyn enjoyed playing with the dog.
I can't believe this was already Brooklyn's second Thanksgiving. We truly have so many things to be thankful for this year. I'm not going to make a list because a lot of those things are so personal to me and I can't even come close to trying to express every little thing I am grateful for, but we are so blessed. I love my little life and my little family. I couldn't ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment