A few days ago we were over at my parent's house eating dinner. It was actually on Brooklyn's 8 month birthday. We were all sitting at the table eating dinner and Brooklyn was in the high chair munching on snacks when we heard a huge crash and Brooklyn started screaming. She was face down on the ground. Adam scooped her up tried to comfort her but she was crying hysterically.
What happened was my mom's high chair is really hard to tell if the tray is snapped in. My mom set up the high chair and I put Brooklyn in thinking the tray was secure. I started buckling her in but I got distracted and never finished buckling her. So Brooklyn was reaching for a little piece of food when the tray fell off and she came falling on top of it head down on the wood floor.
She had a bruise and a goose egg right away. I made her a bottle and started feeding it to her but she could only take a few sips before she would start screaming again. Her cry was the saddest I have ever heard her cry. It brought me to tears to and we just sat on the couch crying together. Poor little thing finally calmed down in her daddy's arms and we put some frozen peas on her head.
After she woke up she was as happy as can be!
After she woke up she was as happy as can be!
These are pictures right after it happened.
Now her bruise has turned a gross yellow color. It's pretty awesome!
I know I'm probably just being a dramatic first-time mom but it was a pretty traumatic experience seeing Brooklyn hurt.
I know I'm probably just being a dramatic first-time mom but it was a pretty traumatic experience seeing Brooklyn hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment