December 28, 2011

My Grandpa's Funeral

Andrew Jack Winter
October 18, 1922 - November 30th, 2011

My grandpa passed away on November 30th, just 45 days after my grandma died. He missed my grandma very much and I'm sure he was very glad her only had to be away from her for a few days. A few days before my Grandpa passed away Adam, Brookie and I skipped the second half of church and went to visit my Grandpa in the rehab center. He wasn't doing so good and wasn't very with it. But, when we held Brookie up so he could see her he got a big smile on his face and said, "Oooohhhh," and gave her a little wink. It was such a cute memory for me. That was the last time I saw my grandpa.

My grandpa was an Army veteran so his casket was made out of wood with Army symbols on each corner. It was beautiful. The funeral was a beautiful celebration of his life. After the funeral they had an Army salute. It was so cool and I'm sure he would have loved it.

I miss my grandpa but he sure is happy to be back with his sweetheart.:)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment