February 28, 2014

Grand America Surprise

On January 24th, a Friday night, Adam was going to drive up to my mom's house and pick up Brooklyn. He called me and just said I'll be home in a little while. Seconds later he came walking in the door and told me to pack a bag real quick. He had planned a little night getaway at the Grand America in Salt Lake. Since we didn't do much for our 5 year anniversary (it was the night of my dad's viewing) and since we have all been so sick and have had a lot of medical issues recently, he knew I needed a little pick me up weekend. He had arranged a babysitter for Brooklyn all night and we headed up to Salt Lake right away. I had never stayed at the Grand America before and it was so much fun. It was so lovely and elegant. We got a room on the top floor that had an awesome view of the city. For dinner we headed over to Brio for a fantastic Italian meal and then we fell asleep watching the new Mitt documentary that had just come out on Netflix and we had been looking forward to it. I think the robes were my favorite part. They are so comfy! The next morning we slept in a little bit and went to the hot tub and then hurried home to get Brooklyn and head to Carter's 1st Birthday party. It was such an amazing surprise and I am so grateful that I have Adam to spoil me rotten. I am so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment