August 4, 2013

Brooklyn - 2 Years Old

Brooklyn turned 2 years old on July 28th. I am in awe at how quickly 2 years has gone yet how much we have jam packed into those 2 little years with our daughter. I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky to have this precious little soul in my life. 

Brooklyn's 2 year check-up isn't for another month so I don't have her stats yet. I kind of forgot to schedule her appointment. I've been a little preoccupied lately. :)

Here are a few things I want to remember about Brooklyn at 2 years old.
  • 2 years is such a fun age but also so, so hard. Brooklyn is very stubborn and very determined. She tries my patience every. single. day. I think she is worse for me than anyone else. She is very whiny and  needy whenever I am around. Her favorite words are "stop" and "mine." Those can get pretty annoying when I am trying to teach her something.
  • The fun side of 2 years old is that she talks like crazy, understand so much and is becoming more and more independent. 
  • She knows so many words that I am not going to name them all. She can remember all of our friends and families names, she talks in full sentences and let's me know whatever she needs. She still has a hard time saying and pronouncing a lot of words. She will try so hard to say new words but the sounds just don't come out right. It's so funny!
  • She has such a fun/silly personality. She does things a lot of times because she knows it will make people laugh.
  • She is in love with all of her cousins. She talks about them all the time and gets so excited whenever she gets to play with them.
  • She is obsessed with babies. He cousins Carter is her favorite baby because she gets to hold his bottle for him and gets him anything he needs. She puts his binky in his mouth all day long.
  • She has been on a horrible sleep schedule lately. With so much going on at the house lately, family coming into town and life that got turned upside down she is just not very consistent with sleep. She ends up sleeping with us most night but she does take a good nap each afternoon. One we are in our new house we will deal with sleep training again.
  • She is still in love with her binky and now always wants to be holding two at a time. This is another things we will deal with taking them away from her once we are settled in our house and have a better routine. 
  • Brooklyn scratches people all the time. I think she might be getting a little better lately but she will just randomly claw people. As a result Carter pretty much always has a scratch on her face.
  • Time out is a constant thing with her. I swear she is in time out all day long. She just never wants to listen or do what I tell her. 
  • Hearing her say "mama" all day long too is just the sweetest thing. It just melts my heart.
  • She gives the best hugs and kisses. I try to make her give me them all the time.
  • Loves the water. The bath or the pool or a splash pad she just loves it all.
  • She is in the taking off her diaper phase. If she ever doesn't have pants on she will rip her diaper right off. I have to make sure to keep clothes on her at all times. 
  • We've mildly tried to potty train her. She will tell us when she has to pee/poo. We will sit her on the toilet and nothing happens. And then when we put her diaper on she goes. Ugh! This is another one of those things I will have to deal with once we are in our house. 
  • Even though she is in a really hard stage I just love this little girl so much. She is our little buddy that just comes along with us wherever we go. She brings so much joy into our lives. I love you miss Brooklyn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment