October 22, 2012

Emotional

 This past weekend was a little emotional for me. We did so many activities with Brooklyn that made me realize that she is no longer a little baby (but I refuse to call her a toddler quite yet), and has a little personality all her own.

First we went to McDonald's for lunch and let Brooklyn play in their kid's place. She was so cute just running around playing by herself and going up to the other kids and joining in with them.

Later that night we went to our ward's trunk-or-treat. We almost didn't go because we didn't think Brooklyn would really understand what was going on. But we got there and she went up to the first car and grabbed a treat out of their bowl, stuck it in her bag and walked over to the next car. She walked around to every car there and chose her candy. Then when it was all over she signed "more" to us. haha! I'm pretty sure she understands way more than I give her credit for.

After that we went out to eat at our favorite place, Won Won Wok. I gave Brooklyn a piece of my avocado roll and she put it in the little soy sauce dish and ate it out of there. Just taking bites as she pleased and grabbing for her drink when she was thirsty. I love that she is our little buddy and just comes along with us where ever we go.

The last event really sent me over the edge. Adam and I are primary teachers and Brooklyn has been coming with us each Sunday. It's getting pretty hard to watch her since she will never get still and juggle her back and forth while still trying to teach our class and keep them reverent. So yesterday I asked the Primary President if Brooklyn could go to nursery (3 months early). She spoke to some people and came over and told Adam (who was out in the hall with Brooklyn) that she could start going to nursery today. He whispered for me to come out in the hall and I started bawling. I didn't think I would be think emotional but it just hit me hard. I thought I still had a good 3 months until this moment. So Adam let me take her to the class. Of course my friends I passed in the hallway asked if something was wrong since I was crying. ha! I took her in to class and they were having snack time. She walked over and started eating everyone's treats. ha! I said goodbye to her and she didn't even look back at me. She just kept eating and playing with toys. Adam and I both went and check on her a little later and she was just playing with toys. She looked up at us and showed us her toy and just kept playing. She was having a blast and could care less where we were. ha! When we went to pick her up they had added her name to the roll posted on the door outside. I thought it was so cute! We walked in there and she ran over to me and started signing "more." She just wanted more food. The teachers said she was one of the best kids there and she was so content and just played so well the whole time. We were so proud of Brooklyn!

My little baby is so grown up!! (I must say that phrase at least 10 times a day!)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I haven't read enough of your blog to know Brooklyns age but I have had the same feelings recently with my son, who is 18 months. It's so incredibly sweet to watch them interact with other kids and hold their own, it's a praise to all of our hard work yet so bittersweet! You should probably just go ahead and call her a toddler, haha!
    Found you thru Mommy Mixer, excited to be following along :)

    ReplyDelete