Of our Engagement!!!
***
Let me tell you how this day one year ago happened:
***
I got home from a long day at work and school and Adam met me at my apartment. I was SO tired that I just told Adam that I wanted to go to sleep for the night even though it was only about 5:00. I started falling asleep on the couch but Adam insisted that we go out to dinner. I complained for awhile but Adam finally talked me into it. He said he wanted to take me to our "special" Chili's that we love to go to. We were living in Provo and our favorite Chili's is up in Herriman. I complained some more about having to drive so far but once again he talked me into it. We had a nice dinner and then I just wanted to go home. He insisted that we go visit his sister for a second that lived close by. Come to find out later the reason we had to go to his sister's house was because he had accidentally left the ring there when he showed it to her earlier that day. Of course I had no idea, and was oblivious to the whole situation. He sneakily got the ring and we were headed home, finally. On the drive back home I fell asleep on Adam's shoulder. Then Adam tells me he wanted to go look at the Timpanogos Temple because he had never seen it and that's where I told him I wanted to get married. I still had no clue what was going on but I said that we could stop by for a second but I really just wanted to go to sleep. We got to the temple and Adam wanted to walk around. I complained some more about how cold and windy it was outside. When we got to the back of the temple we were looking at how beautiful the stained glass windows were. Then Adam told me he had a surprise for me and got down on one knee with the most gorgeous ring and asked me to marry him. It was absolutely perfect. As you know, I said yes! I feel bad now that I was being a brat and complaining the whole time but I had no clue he was going to ask me that night. It was one of the best days of my life and it couldn't have been more perfect!!
***
Maybe someone will take me out to dinner to celebrate (hint, hint)!!

No comments:
Post a Comment