Miss Harper is one month old today. Time is such a funny thing. Sometimes it feels like life is going by so quickly and other times so slowly but time never actually changes. This last month is one of those times where life feels like it is speeding by. I can feel the newborn stage just slipping through my finger and while I'm excited to watch Harper learn and grow I also love the newborn cuddly stage that is so short lived.
Here are a few things I want to remember about Harper at 1 month:
- Wearing newborn size clothes. They are getting a little tight but the 0-3 month size is still too big. She is in that in between awkward stage with her size.
- Wearing size 1 diapers although they are a little big and she could still fit in newborn size. We ran out of newborn size diapers and we have a lot of size 1 so we just started using them.
- She sleeps 3-4 hours at nights. She usually sleeps 4 hours, wakes up and eats and then sleeps another 3 hours. If she is fed and warm she sleeps great.
- I think she has some acid reflex. We have to feed her sitting up and keep her sitting up after she eats for a while or else she screams in pain and her tummy hurts. She also sleeps better propped up a little bit.
- I love the little noises she makes. She squeals and grunts when she is hungry and while she is eating she makes the cutest humming noise.
- She is starting to be awake a little more not. Still sleeping a lot but we are seeing her eyes more. She also seems like she is able to see things better and recognize our voices.
- Brooklyn is getting more and more brave around her. She always wants to hold Harper and feed her and be all up in her face. She even has started trying to pick Harper up on her own which is pretty scary.
- Harper has had a small cold for about the last 3 weeks. I think she got it from Brooklyn but it seems to be getting better. She is just a little clogged up. I have been using the Nose Frida to suck out her boogers.
- Her belly button fell off after about 1 week but it finally has stopped having gunk come out of it. I do not like the whole belly button situation so I love that it is finally clean and cute!
- I have been breastfeeding her but have mostly been pumping and feeding her with a bottle.
- Loves her binky just like Brooklyn!
No comments:
Post a Comment