June 25, 2014

California Trip - Disneyland

Disneyland - June 25th

While we were in California we spent a day at Disneyland. I have been wanting to take Brooklyn to Disneyland so bad and haven't stopped talking about it in months. So when we decided to head down to California I knew we had to plan a day at Disney. With me being about 10 weeks pregnant and in the thick of morning sickness I didn't know how well I would do. But we just took it easy and was able to stay all day. It was so fun and magical watching Brooklyn take it all in. 
▲▲▲We found Minnie Mouse within the first few minutes of walking in the park. Brooklyn was so excited to see her from afar but once she got close she was a little nervous. It look her a little while to warm up to all the characters.
▲▲▲We got Brooklyn a little autograph book and she was so excited to get signatures from each character. She kept asking who else she could have sign her book. Even weeks later she keeps asking when she can go get more signatures.
▲▲▲Seeing Mickey Mouse was a must! Brooklyn even held his hand!
▲▲▲You can kind of see in this picture that Brooklyn has a wipe held up to her eye. I was putting sunscreen on her and it got in her eye and was burning like crazy. We kept trying to clean it but it was really hurting her. I finally took her in the bathroom and soaked her eye under the faucet and got all the sunscreen out. She still talks about how I hurt her eye at "Mickey's house." It was so sad and I felt so bad.
▲▲▲Tinkerbell was one character that Brooklyn is obsessed with so we had to go find her. The line was 2 hours long and it the burning sun but we braved it and got to see Tinkerbell. So worth it!
▲▲▲We totally forgot to bring our stroller on the trip so we had to rent one.
▲▲▲This is our second time seeing Goofy because Brooklyn didn't take a picture with him the first time since she was too scared but the second time she insisted that we take a picture.
▲▲▲The parade was such a blast and so fun to see all of the characters.
▲▲▲They had the castle roped off before fireworks so it was the perfect time to take pictures without crowds of people behind us.

Disneyland was such a magical time and worth every penny we spent. We ate such fun, yummy food there and went on lots of rides. A few were a little scary for Brooklyn but she was a trooper and went on all of the ones we wanted to. I think Brookie enjoyed seeing all of the characters more than going on the rides. We tried to see as many as possible but a lot of them had lines that were so long we just didn't want to deal with it. We stayed almost until the park closed. We stayed and watched the fireworks and Brooklyn fell asleep during them so we headed home. Vacations are so much more fun with Brooklyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment