July 12, 2013

4th of July

I'm not going to say how wonderful or happy our 4th of July was because it was pretty hard and sad without my dad. But I will say that I cherish the time I get to spend with my family so much more. And we tried our best to keep busy and plan fun things so we weren't just sitting around being sad. I think we did a pretty good job at enjoying our first holiday without our dad. And I'm not going to apologize for so many pictures because pictures are my thing. And I am so grateful right now that I always take so many pictures because every picture of my dad is so precious. I will never stop taking a million pictures so don't even ask me to. :)
▲▲▲I got Brooklyn the cutest little overalls for the holiday. I mean what is a holiday without a new outfit?!? She looked so darn cute and as I am looking at the pictures now I am realizing just how big Brooklyn is. I mean she looks 10 feet tall in these and she is starting to loose some baby fat. Can she really be almost two?? Her little smile just melts me. 
▲▲▲My contribution to the 4th of July BBQ were festive sugar cookies. They were pretty darn cute and took me pretty much the whole day to make them but I needed something to keep me busy and they tasted delicious!
▲▲▲I love my little family so much! So grateful I get to spend my life with them.
▲▲▲We had lots of family over for a yummy BBQ.
▲▲▲After dinner we all headed over to the nearby park and had a huge fireworks show. Everyone brought fireworks and we had a ton to light off. At the end we had a ton of aerial fireworks that were so awesome and we set them off one after another for a huge grand finale. We did have one mishap at the beginning with a firework that tipped over and started shooting at all of the us and the kids. It was a little chaotic there for a second trying to protect everyone and luckily we all made it out unharmed.
Happy Independence Day! 
I am so grateful for this wonderful country we live in with so many freedoms and blessings. 

2 comments:

  1. I love keeping up on your little family. And I loved all the photos...seriously, Brooklyn is getting too big!! I've been thinking about you a lot, and hope you know how much you're missed in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did not know you had a blog. Now I get to keep up with you as well. I miss everyone so much!

      Delete