August 2, 2012

Brooklyn 1 Year Birthday Party

I've been so excited for Brooklyn's 1st Birthday since before she was even born. I think I've had a Pinterest board dedicated to it since the day she was born. I spent weeks planning the whole thing and stressing about it and I happy to say that I think it turned out pretty great! I went with the color scheme dark pink, light pink and orange after I found the cutest dress for her to wear in those colors.

Here is the invitation I designed and mailed or handed out to everyone. (I'm pretty sure designing invitations is one of my favorite things to do. That and designing blogs! Too fun!)
And here are some of the details of the party. I'm realizing now I didn't get as many pictures of everything as I wanted to. We decided to do an ice cream bar. We had chocolate and vanilla ice cream and lots of toppings. It was delicious. 
I bought the cutest wooden spoons with 'Happy Birthday' printed on them, and white paper ice cream cups. And some pictures of Brooklyn in frames.
Brooklyn got her very own cute little cake and we had mason jars with striped paper straws.
Of course we had to have a Happy Birthday banner that I designed to match her invitation. And what is cuter than ruffled streamers!?! Thanks to my mom for sewing them for me.
On our mantel I put monthly pictures of Brooklyn. It's amazing to see how much she's grown.
Balloons and a party hat for the birthday girl on her high chair. And Liz made the cutest mini cupcakes.
I printed a ton of pictures I took with my phone and Instagram and put them all over our fridge. I love all the candid shots I have of Brooklyn. And we had strawberry lemonade for drinks.
I made some party hats for everyone to wear. I also made a little book at Shutterfly with pictures of Brooklyn each month and space for everyone to write a little note for Brooklyn to read one day when she is older. 
We are so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and family come and support us. Here is a list of everyone that came to her party: Grandma and Grandpa Egbert, Great Grandma and Grandpa Egbert, Mark, Michelle, Dax & Dallas, Katie & Danny, Liz, Sarah, Branden, Addie & Maysie, Emma, Allen, Heather, Colby, Brody & Porter (plus 2 little babies in Heather's tummy!), Scott & Katie Henderson, Brooke, Sean, Easton & Parker Sperry. 
And Brooklyn got completely spoiled with presents from everyone. She got lots of cute new clothes, new books and toys. She has been in heaven playing with all her new stuff!  And I love that she left her orange bracelet I bought her on the whole party!
Brooklyn was loving the little sock puppets that Emma gave her.
And then it was time for Brooklyn to dig into her cake. I wasn't sure what she was going to do because she loves food so much but I thought she would be a little shy in front of everyone. 
At first she took it slow and kept looking at us thinking we would tell her to stop.
And then she just starting eating it piece by piece. Nothing special, just enjoying every last bite.
Here is what the cake looked like after I finally took it from her. She would have eaten it till she was sick if I would have let her. (p.s. Adam frosted the cake all by himself. He's amazing!)
We had fun just hanging out with everyone and playing with some of Brooklyn's new toys.
Grandma and Grandpa Young sent a gift to Brooklyn since they couldn't be there in person. They got Brooklyn the cutest electric quad. She absolutely loves it and so did all her cousins.
The party was a blast and now I'm left wondering how my little babe is already 1. Thank you to everyone who came, we love you all!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like such a cute party! Good work, Becky! Brynlee got a little quad for her first birthday too, and has loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Ya Brooklyn plays on her quad for hours at a time. Such a great gift.

      Delete
  2. So much fun and so adorable!!! Awesome party! I do have a little crazy eye going on in that last picture...

    ReplyDelete