October 18, 2009

I hurt my wrist.

Last Monday night we were over at my parents house for dinner. My sister's boyfriend Rylan had this big spandex band that he was so excited to show us. Basically you have four people get in the band and two people run across in opposite directions and it flings the other two people through and you keep doing it back and forth.

Here is Adam, Katie, Rylan, and Mark having a great time.
Then I decided to try it and this is what happened....a collision with my sister. (Adam happened to get a picture of the collision...I'm so glad he did because it is such a funny picture. Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can see our faces.)
My sister Katie and I after the collision. She was fine, her arm was just a little red, but my wrist hurt so bad I couldn't even move it.
I was trying to tough it out but the pain was getting worse and worse. We finally decided to go to the hospital. It's not actually broken, just sprained. Here is the nice little bump on my wrist. It doesn't look to bad but it hurt so terribly bad.

I could barely even move it for a few days but it is slowly getting better each day. I just love that Adam got a picture of it happening becuase it is a funny picture!!

3 comments:

  1. oh i had one of those at my 16th birthday party. they are so much fun!! but pretty dangerous haha. glad it wasn't broken :D hope everything is going better for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snake Skin Slam!! That is what we used to call that! My friend had one in high school and we loved it. I'm sorry you got hurt! I hope you get better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch you poor thing.. but hey it looked fun while it lasted

    ReplyDelete