We had such an awesome Easter this year. Harper is getting old enough that she is so much fun at holidays. We started the day with our traditional scavenger hunt to find the baskets. Brooklyn had 6 clues she had to go around the house and find the next clue until she finally found the baskets. She had so much fun doing it last year that we had to do it again. She kept saying how tricky the Easter bunny was trying to hide the baskets from us.
The girls had fun going through their baskets and eating some of the treats they got. We headed to church but did a quick tripod family picture before.
After church I made my traditional carrot cake to take to my mom's. Broke and I worked so hard on it and I let her put all the candy she wanted on the top. We were so proud of it. As we got to my mom's house I was unloading everything and had the cake on a cake stand in my hand and it slid right off and onto the cement. I was so sad and even shed a few tears. The boys tried to carefully salvage it and a few people even still ate it. Dang it!! ha!
We also had our traditional glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hung that night. The kids always love it. Such a fun tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment