Matching jammies for the night before Easter. We bought them the day we found out Harper was a girl and Brooklyn has been waiting so patiently for Harper to be big enough to wear them.
Easter was so much fun. It is always one of my favorite holidays and it just gets better and better with kids. This year we made a scavenger hunt for Brooklyn to find her Easter basket. She had clues she had to go around the house and find and it ended up in the garage where the girls' baskets were siting in the wagon. Brooklyn loved this and thought the Easter bunny was so funny.
I always like to get some new spring clothes in the girl's baskets and we also got Harper some little munchies since she will be able to start eating solid food soon.
I still can't believe we have TWO little girls now. It is so much fun dressing them in matching clothes when I can find them in both of their sizes. These jammies we bought the day we found out Harper was a girl and they finally fit Harper so they were the perfect Easter jammies.
After we found the Easter baskets we had a little egg hunt in the backyard for Brooklyn. I love watching her run around and pick up all the eggs.
Looking at everything she got her in eggs: money, gum and jelly beans!
We had cinnamon rolls, bacon and strawberries for breakfast while we watched General Conference since it happened to be the same day as Easter this year.
We went over to my mom's house for the second session of General Conference and I made this carrot cake. It's becoming a tradition for me to make one each year. I did fondant carrots this time and scalloped frosting on the sides and I love how it turned out.
We took some family pictures on the back porch and I love how they turned out. It's my new favorite picture of our family of four!
Then we did a little Easter egg hunt for Brooklyn and Carter in the backyard. They both got lots of eggs and lots of candy!
Dax and Dallas showed up after the egg hunt and helped them open up all of the eggs and eat the candy. Love these little cousins!
We ended the night with our traditional glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt at my mom's house. It's always a blast finding the eggs in the pitch black with only a glow stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment