June 6, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Our Memorial Day weekend was so much fun and just how we wanted it. At first we were planning a weekend getaway but then we decided that we needed a relaxing weekend. We spent Saturday running some errands and furniture shopping (I finally found my dream table!). We tried to go to a movie Saturday afternoon and we thought Brooklyn would sleep right through it. Well 10 minutes into it she was being crazy so I took her in the hall. I didn't want to leave because we had already paid for the tickets so I wanted at least one of us to watch it. Luckily one of the workers saw me in the hall and gave me free tickets to come back another time. Sunday after family dinner we all headed over to my grandparent's graves. They are buried in one of he veteran's cemeteries so they had a million flags everywhere. It was so beautiful and I sure do miss my grandparents. We had ot bring my grandma yellow flowers because those were her favorite! We spent some time at the cemetery and just enjoyed the beautiful weather there. 
It was so nice to have a day off work on Monday. We went to our ward breakfast Monday morning bright and early. We finalized our kitchen table purchase and then headed over to my aunt's house to swim. Luckily her pool is heated since it wasn't the warmest outside. It was such a blast swimming and Brooklyn is such a little fish now. She cannot get enough of the water. 
We ended the night with a BBQ for dinner and smores in the fire pit. I hope we have many more nights similar to this during the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment