July 13, 2011

4th of July


So, I decided that the 4th of July is probably my favorite holiday. There is always so many things to do and tons of friends and family to spend it with. We woke up really early and went down to Provo to watch the hot air balloon festival with my mom and our friend Scott and Katie. The weather was bad so they didn't launch any of the balloons but they did blow a lot of the up and you could walk all around them. Then we went and got some breakfast at Village Inn.
After an morning nap and some hanging out we went out to dinner with my parent's at Cheescake Factory. Then we all headed down to our house and met our friends the Robin's there for some treats and fireworks. Thanksgiving Point does fireworks right in front of our house so we have a great view from our lawn. While we were waiting for the big fireworks show we did a bunch of our own fireworks. It was a lot of fun because all of our neighbors were also outside doing fireworks so we had a lot to watch. When we were at the store earlier that day Adam bought a firework that cost $10 which I thought was a lot for just one firework. He insisted that it would be worth the money. Adam lit it off and it was seriously the coolest firework I had ever seen. I was pretty impressed and so was everyone on our street. I think we may have to buy some more of them.
We also had fun playing with sparklers and I even made a fruit pizza that was very patriotic. I was pretty proud of it.
Happy 4th of July!!

1 comment:

  1. Becky you are getting so close!!!! I am too excited for you. It is so fun. I am sorry I missed your shower! We have not been down there in FOREVER!!! I am excited to see some cute pics of your little one any day now:)

    ReplyDelete