November 9, 2009

Thankful

Since it is November and Thanksgiving is coming up, we are trying to focus on what we are thanksful for in our lives. I made this little sheet that says "We are thankful for..." that hangs on our fridge. Throughout this month we are going to write down things that we are thankful for.


I also made this "Thankful" sign that I hung on our mirror in our family room so that we can be reminded to be more thankful for all of the many blessings we have.


“The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life. Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man!”
-Joseph F. Smith

I love the quote above becuase it makes me want to be a better person, the person my Father in Heaven would want me to be. Ever since Adam's mom passed away I have had a deeper appreciation for what I do have in my life and for the love and support from those around me. It brings me to tears when I think about everything that so many people did for our family during that hard time and I hope I was able to express my gratitude enough. This whole experience has really opened my heart and made me more aware of the people around me and their needs and trials. I find myself crying when I hear of anyone who is suffering or is in pain and it makes me realize just how much our Father in Heaven loves each one of us so deeply. I pray that I can always be grateful for everything I have and all of the many, many blessings in my life. The gospel is true and life is so very good!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that post. You're right, we all need to be reminded at how blessed we are. You are so craft, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have tot copy your idea about the fridge that is sooo cute

    ReplyDelete